One night, after dinner, I was craving muffins. I looked in the fridge and we had no milk (not really a surprise – Andrew is lactose intolerant). We did have some lactose free greek yogurt though, so I decided I would try to make muffins with yogurt!
I took a basic muffin recipe, and altered it a bit to allow for the yogurt. They turned out a little dry the first time, but now I have perfected this recipe. Follow the instructions below to make these delicious muffins yourself!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (sift flour before measuring)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup real butter
- 2/3 cup lactose free greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In one bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and butter. Mix in the eggs and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. I know this is rather vague, but I have noticed that some pans are ready in 15 and some are ready in 20 (this could be because my oven is very old). I check on my muffins a few times to make sure they do not over cook.
- Try to wait a few minutes for them to cool off and then eat the entire pan (or display them nicely for guests if you can control yourself).